Dharmapuri Lakshminarsimha Swamy Temple
Dharmapuri Lakshminarsimha Swamy Temple , Laxmi Narasimha Swamy Jatara, Dakshina Vahini, Karimnagar District, On the bank of River Godavari, 13th century Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, Dakshina Kashi, Andhra Pradesh. Dharmapuri attained religious importance owing to the existence of the shrine dedicated to Narasimha Swamy, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. A large number of devotees show up daily in Dharmapuri at an average of 1,000 to visit Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple. The shrine was constructed by the king of Dharmapuri named Dharma Varma and the town was named Dharmapuri after his name who was a devotee of Lord Narasimha. Lord Yama dharmaraj temple and statues of Lord Indra dev, Lord Kubera swamy, Lord Brahma dev, Lord Balarama krishna can also be seen in the proximity of Narasimha swamy temple. The Ramalingeswara Temple which is of about 1000 years old, is in the propinquity of the Narsimha Swamy Temple. It is said among local inhabitants that the Shiv Lingam installed in this temple was installed by Lord Rama during his exile and on way to Lanka in search of Sitha Maatha. There is a saying that ‘Once if a devotee visits the sacred place Dharmapuri there will not be Yamapuri’. River Godavari has are other places in Dharmapuri where people can take holy bath some of them are Brahma Gundam, Yama Gundam, Satyavathi Gundam, Pala Gundam. The village of Dharmapuri has given birth to some of the best Sanskrit Scholars.
©HYBIZ .TV 2009-2011. All rights reserved. Powered by JB Media Pvt Ltd.