State Bank of India, Convenor, State Level Bankers Committee, Telangana held State Level Consultation Meeting of Bankers (Stage 2 ) from 22nd August 2019 to 23rd August 2019 at State Bank of India Local Head Office, Hyderabad as a part of “Campaign for generation of ideas and consultation till branch level“ launched by Department of
Financial Services, Govt. of India involving group discussions among Heads of PSBs of the State for bringing out the inter bank state-wise performance along with suggestions for improvement.
2. Sri Arijit Basu, Managing Director (CCG & IT), SBI Corporate Centre, Mumbai , Sri Om Prakash Mishra, Chief General Manager & President SLBC, Sri Subrata Das, Regional Director, RBI, Shri Vijay Kumar, Chief General Manager, NABARD, Sri C. Udaya Bhaskar, CGM, NABARD, Sri Rahul Bojja, Commissioner(Agriculture), Govt. of Telangana and State Heads and Senior level functionaries from 18 –PSBs, representatives of MSME Associations have attended the meeting.
3 The consultation process covered eight thematic papers prepared by domain experts including review of banks’ performance during the last five years and detailed discussions thereon.
4. All 18 Public Sector Banks in the State conducted 1st stage of bottom-up Consultative Process at Branch-Regional levels on 17th -18th August, spread across the state of Telangana, involving more than 3219 Branch Managers. The ideas generated were discussed at the State level and suggestions on 16 Key Performance Indicators were finalized.
5. The 16 Key performance indicators are:
a. Credit support for Economic Growth;
b. Credit support for Infrastructure;
c. Doubling Farmers’ Income;
d. Jal Shakti – Major and Medium Irrigation.
e. Support for Green Economy – Renewable Energy, Ethnol, Gas distribution;
f. Housing for all;
g. Education Loans;
h. Swachh Bharat;
i. Empowering Women;
j. MSME /MUDRA; Standup India;
k. Blue Economy;
l. Export Credit;
m. Less / Digital Economy; Technology;
n. Financial Inclusion; DBT;
o. Ease of Living – Senior Citizens; CSR;
p. Alignment with local priorities.
q. Corporate social responsibility
6. As a result of this Consultative Process, a number of innovative and implementable ideas have emerged on how PSBs can improve their performance for complete alignment with national priorities and what the roadmap for future should be. These ideas / suggestions / recommendations were being collated at State level for further discussions at National level, along with comparative performance assessment at peer level among Banks operating in the State. Final consultations will be held at national level to compare both intra and inter-bank performances, and to finalize the action plan for the way ahead and for implementation across PSBs.
7. The consultative process has resulted in a renewed sense of involvement and purpose deep down to the branch level and PSBs in the State are fully geared towards implementing the road map for the future.
► Watch More Business Videos at India’s Leading online business channel http://www.hybiz.tv
► Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hybiz
► Watch More Videos on http://www.youtube.com/hybiztv
► Subscribe to HYBIZTV Channel: goo.gl/EEXqfu
►Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/hybiztv